I am writing to introduce a new organisation called Little Episodes. We are an organisation started by professional writers, editors, artists, musicians and actors aiming to use the arts as a platform to raise awareness for people who suffer from depression, addiction or any other form of mental illness. We would be delighted if you would join us at our launch party on February 25th. All are welcome. Please RSVP to: email@example.com (stating the number of guests attending)
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.littleepisodes.org
CREATIVE COLLECTIVE WILLING TO TACKLE A TABOO
Little Episodes Launch Party
Thursday 25th February 2010
Novas Contemporary Urban Centre
73-81 Southwark Bridge Road
London, SE1 0NQ
7pm till late
London, UK, 2010—Little Episodes, an international collaborative art project, will hold its official launch party on 25th February, 2010. The event will feature musical performances, an art exhibition and showcase material from the 'expression of depression' anthology series. The first of the 6 book volume features work form Sadie Frost, Clint Catalyst and Pauley Perrette among others. Little Episodes monthly “Late Night Episodes” feature poetry, performance, music and art and are held at the Novas Contemporary Urban Centre on the last Saturday of every month. Their first “Late Night Episode” features resident bands 'The Harrison Brothers' and 'Straitjacket Coat-Check' plus regular guests and headlining acts to be announced.
Depression, addiction and mental illness are common problems in the modern world, with one in four people likely to experience a mental health problem every year. Established in 2009, Little Episodes is a not-for-profit organization consisting of professional writers, artists, musicians and actors with three aims to its mission statement: the first, to destigmatise and raise awareness of depression, addiction and mental illness; the second, to promote the arts as a therapeutic tool by holding writing and art therapy workshops; and third, to provide a platform for both emerging and established writers/artists to find community and collaboration using the first goal as their theme.
Little Episodes focuses on a range of activities:
- Anthologies – Little Episodes produces anthologies by established and emerging artists /writers.
- Events – Little Episodes holds regular “Late Night Episodes” featuring material from our anthology series and our participating artists and performers.
- Residential units or day centres - Little Episodes is keen to reach out to people who can’t get to other Little Episodes events. These visits can include readings from the books, performances and/or a general Q&A…
· Forum and Chat Room – Our website offers somewhere for people to go for empathy, socialising and sharing work as well as a chat room for real time support.
· Blogs – Our site offers free blogs for members to journal, post work and have their say.
Galleries and Discussion Rooms – We offer free flash tools to allow members to upload an infinite number of Music (mp3), Video (mp4) as well as text and image files to share content with others across the Little Episodes network.
For more information, please contact
For Little Episode media kits, please visit